NEW ZEALAND BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION LAW CONFERENCE
28-29 April 2015, Crowne Plaza, Auckland
New Zealand’s annual update for legal compliance in the building and construction sectors.
It starts with 8.30 Registration and coffee then Opening remarks from the Chair – John Green, Mediator, Building Disputes Tribunal
Tina Hwang, leading lawyer from the QCL property team, will be presenting at the conference and it will be a fantastic chance to get to meet the Queen City Law property team and learn about the latest developments in the area of compliance and construction. Queen City Law know construction and development and have assisted many body cooperates, developers and property buyers with there property transactions. Make some new engineering, property and compliance connections come along and get involved. The conference will cover everything from current issues in managing risk in construction contracts to, protecting earthquake-prone buildings, updating your processes for working on heritage sites, and understanding the changing building consents system
Tina will be running a Separately bookable post-conference workshops
Effective construction contracts management
• Examining different types of contracts and their applications: – 3910:2013 (build only)
– NZS 3916:2013 (design & construct)
– NZS 3917:2013 (fixed term)
- Key differences among the types of construction contracts
- Obligations and standards within each type of contract
- Who are the key stakeholders, and what are their roles and responsibilities with regards to the contract? How does this differ between the different types of construction contracts?
- Examining recent legal changes and case law and its implications regarding building contracts
- A quick introduction to best practices in avoiding and handling claims and disputes More about Tina Hwang, Senior Solicitor, Queen City Law
Check out the conference website here.http://www.conferenz.co.nz
Our download the full 2015 Conference PDF here.