TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
Rankin Mews is a 20 unit complex in New Lynn, West Auckland which has recently been remediated after suffering badly from leaky building syndrome.
Queen City Law represented us right through this project. Marcus and Tina were with us from the get go including the litigation aspect and Tina has stuck by us through the whole ordeal and we are enormously grateful for their cost effective input.
Tina assisted us with the legal proceedings and reaching acceptable settlement terms with the defendants and then provided massive assistance to us utilising these settlement proceeds and owner contributions to re-clad the 20 apartments in the most cost effective and professional manner possible.
Some of her work included:
- acting as our lawyer on the initial litigation and assisting us to reach best possible settlement terms;
- Appoint the PM, Architect, QS and Contractor and preparing and negotiating all Consultant and Contractor Contracts including negotiating the special conditions in the Construction Contract to try to keep the contract price as low as possible;
- Comprehensive Body Corporate Liaison and preparation of many of the special resolutions required;
- Liaison with many of the owners banks to ensure they would fund the special levies;
- Regular attendance at project meetings to ensure everybody understood what was happening;
- Liaison with the right tax accountant so that we got GST refunds helping the project cash flow;
- Dealing with the inevitable punch ups that arise in these projects; and many other such attendances.
20 families now live in a watertight complex after needing to vacate the apartments for many months and a significant amount of the credit for the cost effective leaky building resolutions achieved in this project sits with Tina.
I would strongly recommend Tina and Queen City Lawyers as the “go to lawyers” for such matters. They provide excellent guidance and are always available and just do a superb job in such difficult circumstances for the owners. They have a terrific network in the construction sector and are clearly respected by all stakeholders and it is no surprise to me at all that they have been awarded New Zealand’s Property and Construction Law Firm of the Year so many times over the last decade. I am also aware that their legal services are unique as they can not only provide the litigation support but given their expertise and experience in both property and construction
law they can essentially provide a one stop shop to Body Corporates going through these stressful projects and at what I consider to be highly competitive rates where in reality bottom line value is achieved. This means that they are focused on positive project outcomes from the start and understand what is required to get there rather than passing the buck around.
If you need the best possible legal support for any remedial projects you are dealing with seriously look no further – I assure you, you will be nothing but impressed.
Anthony Van Eaden
Acting Chairman BC 205539