Queen City Law is uniquely positioned to provide this service to a number of carefully targeted vendors mainly in Auckland some of whom we enjoy a 20+ year relationship with.
A significant amount of the property we are mandated to provide real estate services on is off market and may not be in the public arena. Some of the Vendors who have instructed us include NZ’s wealthiest and most successful private developers, publicly listed property trusts, commercial property investors and many others. We will also at times work collaboratively with Licensed real estate agents with whom we often also enjoy longstanding professional relationships.
Given the firms unique positioning and its language skills which include Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Indonesian, Tagalog, Spanish and of course English coupled with its intimate knowledge of the Auckland property and development sector the firm now has several of its lawyers listed as providing real estate services in accordance with the provisions of the Lawyers & Conveyancors Act 2006.
Marcus has probably spent more time in Auckland’s Urban Design Panel than any other property lawyer in Auckland and although the firm doesn’t necessarily look the best in mini skirts nor is that adept at putting coffee in microwaves to induce the senses it is second to none when it comes to taking purchasers through best use of a development site in Auckland’s CBD having often been intricately involved in the acquisition of the site including spearheading comprehensive DD processes and then subsequently taking a lead role in obtaining Resource and Building Consents for a development project. 20 years ago at Bell Gully Marcus would often travel into Asia with Bayleys real estate and John and Bradley have recently been to Singapore on a new central Auckland high rise development project.
The immigration practice at Queen City Law also facilitates such work as Queen City Law has acted for more successful Investor 1 ( NZ$10 M ) applications than any other firm in the country and have developed a world class international network of ultra high net worth individuals. As an example, Marcus and Bradley just spent 8 days in Japan with NZ government officials hosting seminars targeted at high net worth Japanese investors. Queen City Law is the NZ market leader in terms of business immigration.
Under the lawyers rules QCL is typically only able to represent vendors when providing legal and real estate services.
Recent transactions QCL have been involved with either providing legal or real estate services include :
- The recent sale of a development site in Shortland Street for under $30 M
- The recent sale of development sites near Greys Ave for under $30 M
- The proposed acquisition of a shopping centre on the North Shore for over $30 M
- The proposed disposal of one of Auckland’s best commercial properties for over $250 M
- The sale of an Auckland CBD development site for over $50 M
- The acquisition of a major CBD site for under $40 M
- The acquisition of a significant commercial property in Queen St for $40 M
- The acquisition of a large residential development site in South Auckland for $10 M
- The sale of a large number of apartments off the plans
- The development of 1500 or so apartments around Auckland’s CBD
- The proposed development of a $100 M hotel in Dunedin
- The proposed development of a $350 M hotel in Auckland
- Issues associated with the development of a 2000 H site in Puhoi
- The acquisition of a large number of residential building and development sites throughout wider Auckland for close to 100M
- Proposed development of luxury boutique hotel in one of Auckland’s premiere suburbs
- The purchase and sale of some of the most expensive residential property in New Zealand
- The proposed development of a large number of new apartment towers in Central Auckland
Queen City Law is also representing a number of leading developers in Auckland and elsewhere in New Zealand and is very passionate about providing value added legal services in this space.
This is one of the reasons why Queen City Law has had unparalleled and outstanding success in the New Zealand Property & Construction Law Awards over the last 7 years.
The firm enjoys longstanding excellent relationships with a number of New Zealand’s preeminent Architects, planners, urban designers, contractors, specialist counsel, property bankers, real estate agents ((including project marketing specialists) and others and can easily assist clients mobilise the best team for any sort of property development project if required. Queen City Law has an excellent and longstanding proven track record of providing developers with the best possible support getting development projects out of the ground and successfully delivered.
Like most things in life local experience counts for an awful lot so getting us on board early on in projects can make a significant difference to project outcomes. Local sector knowledge is also critical and keeping abreast with the sector and having first class intelligence can also make a heck of a difference.
Queen City Law is also a fun firm to deal with and its lawyers have a ton of energy although it can also mobilise its highly specialised and effective litigation team whenever required.
If any of this resonates with you or you would like an opportunity to check out whether we are the right fit or simply want to double check if your planned project passes our sniff test come to our Queen St offices and meet us.
If you are a Vendor looking to dispose of a property and think we may be able to assist give us a call to discuss it.
The bottom line is Queen City Law is New Zealand’s number one law firm in this space – the reasons for this are self evident and widely recognised and the boutique nature of QCL’s practice means it is nimble and quickly able to take a leading role on these sorts of deals.
We have every confidence that our firm will continue to be market leaders in this arena.
If this is of interest you may also like to check out the follow QCL website links :
– a gallery of images from past and current projects.
– Acquisition of the Metro Centre in Queen St in June 2011 and associated preliminary advice in terms of proposed further development of site. Victopia, Construction of the Fiore on Hobson project and more projects from 2010-2012.
– Check out some of the Apartments and development opportunities QCL has for sale.
– Construction Law Library great source of white papers and infosheets including; partnership for leaky building resolution and re-building, title reviews, easements and many other resources.
– More on our residential property services
– Check out some of the awards we have won. We are award winners with a solid track record of excelling in our field. Get an award winning team working for you.
– QCL are active in guiding investors and migrants from Japan.
– Find out the latest changes to this important visa category.
– QCL are experts in immigration law. Check out the resources on our Immigration Law Library.
Feel free to call us on 9709910 or Marcus on 0274877332 or email Marcus : email@example.com